Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Fucking Diary

Rachael, Me & Olwyn Camp A Low Hum 2008
Photograph by Welfe Bowyer aka Neon Sleep/Party Photo

This is my Camp A Low Hum special, please forgive the way that it has been constructed as I do not exactly remember the correct order of events.

Camp A Low Hum, February 2nd - 5th 2008 was the best time in my life so far. I can honestly tell people that and feel comfortable saying it out loud. Camp A Low Hum cleaned up Disney Land in America, my no limit shopping spree in Melbourne, previous Big Day Out festivals and other concerts/gigs, my first steps, my first word, my first kiss, my first fuck - just everything is nothing compared to what I just experienced.

Bands that played: Cosmic Rays Of Death (Auckland), Connan & The Mockasins (London/NZ), Big Flip The Massive (Napier), Black Market Art (Christchurch), Brand New Math (Auckland), Boss Christ (Palmerston North), Alphabethead (Wellington), Bang! Bang! Aids! (Melbourne), Batrider (London/Aus), Bang! Bang! Eche! (Christchurch), Onanon (Dunedin), Popolice (Melbourne), Samuel Flynn Scott (Wellington), Pikelet (Melbourne), Cassette (Melbourne/Wellington), The Ragamuffin Children (Christchurch), Seth & Merle (Wellington), Set Of 57 (Wanganui), Raised By Wolves (Wellington), Sora Shima (Hamilton), Signer (Wellington), Smokin' Hot Bitch (Melbourne), Somethingorother (Melbourne), Frase+Bri (Christchurch), Steve Abel & The Chrysalids (Auckland), Sheba Williams (Wellington), Shaun K Anderson (Wellington), The Brunettes (Auckland/New York), The Enright House (Christchurch), The Damned Evangelist (Lyttelton), The Cosbys (Auckland), The Conjurors (Auckland), Thought Creature (Wellington), Oi! Boy (Auckland/UK), The Reduction Agents (Auckland), The Tape Men (Wellington), The Phoenix Foundation (Wellington), Tiger Tones (Christchurch), The Ruby Suns (Auckland), Teen Wolf (Auckland), Trans Am (USA), Tourettes (Auckland), Little Pictures (Wellington), Mean Street (Auckland), Ladybird (France), Lawerence Arabia (London/NZ), Liam Finn (Auckland), Hot Swiss Misteress (Wairarapa), Kittyhawke (Auckland), KOTAC (Dunedin), Desktop Icons (Auckland), The Family Cactus (Wellington), Los Hories (Auckland), Dick Dynamite And The Doppelgangers (Hamilton), Disciples Of Macca (Auckland), Fighting The Shakes (Wellington), Disasteradio (Lower Hutt/The Future), Die! Die! Die! (Dunedin), Death In Gaza (Auckland) and many small self-made gigs at the Lions Lodge or boat including Grayson Gilmour, William Jackman, The Rainbow Children, Punchbowl, Tommy Ill and MC Stormtrooper. Cut Off Your Hands (Auckland) were booked to perform but had to cancel due to some problems at the airport. The band was stuck in Australia

Stages: Main Stage, Noisy Stage, Nice Stage, Party Stage and Lions Lodge all came with their individual atmosphere but shared the same happy community of loving life people.

Through out the days bands were constantly going, parties were becoming and there was no such thing as strangers - only friends we hadn't met. When it hit the a.m after parties were crawling in dressed up creatures. Night one was A Low Hum Luau, our own Hawaiian themed party. Night two was the Forest Rave amongst the trees and the only lighting was our glow sticks and a couple of UV lights. Night three got gorey at It Came From Below, the zombie themed party and on our final after party was the Enchantment Under The Sea Prom. Personally I think that each night the parties would step up a knotch and just grew to get more rowdy and special, it was incredible!

With so much already going on, you couldn't really ask for more, but we got more! There was an arts and crafts room to mellow out in, this is where we made a million posters advertising William Jackman playing at the Lions Lodge and there was also a movie theatre running rare flicks every so often (although I refused to be inside infront of a screen!).

The girls and I all camped together with William and Bang! Bang! Eche! plus everday we had a tonne of people always coming over to drink or get stoned with. I have never met so many people that I liked being around and I wish I could name all of them and say something great about each of them, but at this stage my brain is still melting.

At Camp A Low Hum everyone was loving bubbles (the ones you blow) and they were a hit with the crowd. I also bought an inflatable aeroplane from The Warehouse and wrote "Camp A Low Hum Airways 2008" on one wing and "Feb 2nd-5th" on the other. The aeroplane was so cool to have at the pool party. Rachael and I would always jump on it and announce that we were flying to Mexico, Hawaii, Amsterdam, London, out of space and even the moon!

At the pool party Rachael and I got dragged into playing volley ball with a group of people, while on the plane! Shortly after we were caught in the whirl pool which was just the most intense pressure ever. Heaps of people took a ride on our aeroplane to magical places where grins were un-controlable. For an inflatable pool toy the aeroplane lasted longer than any other, but was eventually put to rest on the final day of camp (R.I.P).

If I had to choose a favourite day/night of camp it would have to be day three. The bands I saw that day were Brand New Math, Somethingorother, Sets Of 57, Big Flip The Massive, Popolice, Ladybird, The Ruby Suns, Connan & The Mockasins, Teen Wolf and Thought Creature. This was also the night of the zombie after party. During Ladybird a lot of people were already in costume including me and all my friends. Also by Ladybird I was already in another dimension. Day/night three was my sex, drugs and rock n roll - it was my sex, sex, cigarettes - my booze, drugs and photographs.

At The Ruby Suns I was on someone's shoulders, dressed in zombie, partying hard. During the Ruby Suns I all of the sudden started making indian noises by patting my hand over my mouth after the band stopped between songs. I was doing thing because I could be bothered clapping of screaming. It was funny thought because as I started my indian noises, then my friends joined in and eventually the majority of the crowd (or people all around me) were making indian noises! Maybe we pissed off The Ruby Suns a little bit, but the volume of the sound was so loud and intense it ruled.

If I could remember more in detail of everything that happened I would tell you it all. I would tell you the world, my paradise of peace in a strange and distorted way, but what is in this blog is all I have got and if it isn't good enough for you be sure to check out the photos on my MySpace and photos that Welfe took are on his site Neon Sleep under the Party Photo.

If none of that satisfies you, then I swear if I could I most certainly would show you the film of photographs inside my head.

My fucking diary,
I've lost control,
I'm like playdough,
I love my life,
I'm in love my fucking life.
Remember me when I become a genuine fuckwit
Forever!

2 comments:

A LOW HUM said...

http://neonsleep.com/partyphoto/phpslideshow.php?directory=08/zombiefronts¤tPic=134

Nico said...

That was fantastic!